A Slimmer, Simpler Take on the Alpha Omega
The Darkglass Alpha Omicron was created for the bassist who wants the Alpha Omega's premium analog signal path and dual distortion modes in a smaller pedal format for less money. Clank and djent are this pedal's strong suits. But thanks to a Blend control, players can unlock subtler shades of dirt with ease. Choose or mix between two distinct distortion flavors, tap into added thickness and presence via the Growl and Bite controls, then layer onto your dry bass tone to taste. Like all Darkglass pedals, the Alpha Omicron is proudly handmade in Finland from the finest parts.
The Alpha Omicron borrows the Alpha Omega's dual-distortion engine to provide virtually limitless shades of bass drive. With the Mod control rotated fully counterclockwise, the Alpha distortion's punchier, tighter fuzz better suits rock and progressive music. On the other end of the spectrum, the Omega's spankier, gnarlier effect is great for soloing and modern forms of metal. Bassists at Sweetwater tend to favor somewhere in the middle. Once you find the sound you like, blend to taste with your dry signal using the Level and Blend controls.
Darkglass Alpha Omicron Bass Preamp/Distortion Pedal Features:
- A slimmer, simpler, and more affordable take on the Darkglass Alpha-Omega
- Premium analog signal path
- Two blendable distortion modes
- Blend dry signal with wet signal continuously
- Independent distortion Drive and Level controls
- Growl switch (shelving bass boost) thickens low end
- Bite switch (2.8kHz high-mid boost) adds presence
- Requires a standard 9V center-negative power supply (11mA+); not included