The KSM42/SG Side-Address Condenser Vocal Microphone from Shure is a condenser microphone that features a dual-diaphragm capsule, a tailored frequency response, and extensive pop filtering at the inside and outside of the capsule's grille. Its Prethos Advanced Preamplifier technology delivers transparent audio quality, and smooth proximity control over an ultra-wide dynamic range. Its cardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis noise and feedback while maintaining a smooth frequency response.
Highly consistent cardioid polar pattern creates a broad "sweet spot" and natural off-axis response. Prethos Advanced Preamplifier Technology exhibits extremely low self-noise with superior dynamic range, transient response, and ultra-low distortion for transparent recording. Dual-diaphragm design with an active front, ultra-thin (2.5 micron), 24-karat gold, low-mass, 1" Mylar diaphragm
Passive back diaphragm delivers exceptional control of low frequency proximity effect.
- Tailored low-frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency room noise
- Integrated three-stage mesh grille guards against wind and breath noise
- Open cage ShureLock rubber suspension shock mount with low-profile
- Popper Stopper magnetic pop filter produces a natural space between performer and microphone
- Extremely low self noise for critical studio vocal recording
- Premium electronic components and gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Durable zinc die-cast housing and hardened low carbon steel grille Internal shock mount to reduce unwanted handling and stand noise
|Output Impedance||147 ohms|
|Self Noise||8.5dB (A weighted)|
|Diaphragm Size||1" (25.4mm)|